Manage and Prevent Diabetes
Working with the primary care physician, our experienced diabetes education team is committed to teaching self-management skills to patients with diabetes. Education is available to anyone with Type 1, Type 2 or gestational diabetes. A referral is required and many insurance companies cover our services.
We also have several programs for those at risk for or diagnosed with prediabetes. Our Prediabetes Class is held every six weeks. It’s free, and no referral is needed. Our free Diabetes Prevention Program requires a one-year commitment and has been proven to reduce risk through lifestyle changes. Patients can call 616.252.8339 to sign up for either program.
- Diabetes Self Management Training class
- Insulin instruction and management
- Insulin pump training
- Meal planning and medical nutrition therapy
- Glucose monitor instruction
- Gestational diabetes education
- Diabetes Prevention Program
- Prediabetes class
Funded by UM Health-West Foundation Donors