We receive many requests for contributions and are unable to fund them all. We are unable to receive requests in person or by telephone. All requests should be made in writing at least 90 days before the donation is required.
Projects related to health care services and in communities served by University of Michigan Health-West receive funding priority.
Requests to fund athletic or sports events are considered case by case. School programs are considered if they focus on educating and improving the health of students and the community.
We can only make contributions to public agencies, schools or to charitable nonprofit groups with a 501(c)(3) designation by the IRS. All requests must include proof of this designation.
To be eligible for consideration, applicants must:
- Not significantly overlap the work of public agencies on the federal, state and local level
- Serve the community without discrimination on the basis of age, color, citizenship, disability, disabled veteran status, gender, race, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, military service or status or Vietnam-era veteran status
- Observe the highest standards of business conduct in its relationships with the public
We generally do NOT provide funding for:
- For-profit organizations
- Political causes or candidates
- Religious or fraternal organizations
- Organizations already receiving our support through other campaigns or drives
- Programs not focused on our service area
- Operations support
- Door prizes or raffles
All requests must include a community sponsorship application. Due to the volume of requests we receive, we cannot respond by telephone or in person. If a request is approved, we’ll notify you or your organization by mail.