Varicose Veins and Vein Care
Half of all women and 25% of all men have a problem with leg veins. Many others suffer from chronic wounds that will not heal. UM Health-West offers a combination of expertise and innovative technology to customize your care from diagnosis to treatment.
- Vein issues are often considered a cosmetic problem. However, there can be clinical issues beyond their appearance.
- Vein disease can cause discomfort in the legs including:
- Leg fatigue/tiredness
- Visible signs of vein disease include:
- Spider veins – clusters of tiny blood vessels that develop close to the surface of the skin and appear red, blue, or purple
- Varicose veins – vein that appear to look bulging underneath the surface of the skin
- Wounds or open sores on the legs that don’t heal
Take the Next Step
Find a lasting solution for your vein treatment and complete the brief questionnaire below. A UM Health-West employee will contact you to schedule an appointment with a UM Health-West Heart & Vascular physician.
Note: You may need a referral from your primary care physician, depending on your insurance coverage. For questions about referrals, please call your insurance provider. If you have questions about symptoms or treatments or would like to make an appointment, please call our office at 616.252.5950.