At UM Health-West, we’re passionate about providing the best total health care experience for our patients, physicians, staff and our communities. We express this commitment every day by offering high-quality, personalized care, access to a full range of services across the health care system, and collaboration between patients, our staff members and others. Our guiding principles are “The UM Health-West Way.”
The UM Health-West Way means going beyond the science of medicine. It’s smiling at patients, helping someone find his way, comforting those in sorrow and respecting people’s feelings. It’s listening to each other, lending a helping hand to our co-workers and being aware of how our organization impacts our neighbors. It’s all the little things that make the difference between a good experience and the best experience. As part of The UM Health-West Way, our team members are expected to follow guidelines we call the Best Practice Standards. Click here to learn more.
Improve the health and well-being of our communities.
Taking health care to a better place.
- Strive for excellence.
- Treat others with integrity, respect and compassion.
- Use effective communication and teamwork.
- Demonstrate a commitment to our universe: the environment, the community, the organization and one another.
Cultural Inclusion Statement
UM Health-West will continue to reflect an increasingly diverse community, including physicians, employees and patients from a wide variety of ethnic groups and cultural backgrounds. To that end, we’re committed to:
- Providing an inclusive work environment of opportunity and growth for employees of all cultures and ethnicities to succeed to their highest potential
- Providing services that adapt to cultural and ethnic needs of the community
- Treating others with integrity, respect and compassion
- Ensuring patient care practices respect cultural and ethnic difference.