The Internal Medicine physicians at UM Health-West apply their skill and training to provide expert, compassionate care to adults. As primary caregivers, they understand the particular health needs of adulthood, and they partner with patients to help them spend those years feeling their best and getting the most out of life.
Internists at UM Health-West have the experience and expertise to work with you to keep you well, manage chronic conditions and to help you maintain a lifelong healthy lifestyle.
Treatments & Capabilities
In addition to wellness visits and access to referrals to leading specialists, here are just some of the conditions and treatments that our Internal Medicine physicians provide:
- Primary care adult internal medicine
- Thyroid disorders
- Diabetes management
- Adult immunizations and preventive care
- EGD to examine the esophagus, stomach, and upper small intestine
- Bone density screening
- Spirometry to evaluate lung capacity
- EKG testing to detect arterial and cardiac diseases
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound
- Immunizations and preventive care
- Women’s health