Treatments & Capabilities
UM Health-West is staffed, equipped and prepared to provide expert treatment 24/7 for adults and children with critical injuries and illness, including chest pain, stroke, and trauma.
As a Verified Level II Trauma Center, UM Health-West measures up to rigorous standards set by the state of Michigan and verified by the American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma. These standards assure that UM Health-West has the capability to provide total care for every aspect of injury – from prevention through rehabilitation. This includes 24-hour immediate coverage by trauma surgeons, and prompt availability of specialties such as orthopedic surgery, neurosurgery, anesthesiology, emergency medicine, radiology, and critical care.
The Emergency Department provides:
- Fast triage and short wait times – average time to see a physician and start treatment is approximately 30 minutes or less
- Immediate access for critical cases
- An accredited Chest Pain Center
- Certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Direct access to cardiac catheterization labs allowing fast treatment of heart attacks
- Child Life Specialist available to help children during emergency situations
- CT scanner and digital radiography rooms
- Connection to our electronic medical records system, ensuring instant access to patient medical history
- All-private patient rooms, most featuring flat screen TVs
- Comfortable, healing environment