UM Health-West volunteers serve in many areas throughout the health system. Whatever your skills and interests are, there’s a place for you.
Volunteers are asked to donate one morning, afternoon or evening (or a combination) to an assigned department in order to meet a minimum of a 100-hour commitment per year. They receive a free meal on days they work a 4-hour shift. There are also some volunteer positions available to teens 16-17 years of age.
Become a UM Health-West Volunteer
- Complete the Volunteer Application Form listed above and mail, fax, or email it to the Volunteer Services office.
- If your availability matches open volunteer positions and the required skills set, we’ll contact you to schedule an interview.
- After a successful interview, you’ll be required to:
- Obtain a free TB skin test provided by UM Health-West before your first volunteer assignment
- Receive a volunteer uniform
- Consent to a criminal background check
- Attend a general orientation session and a department-specific training (General orientation will familiarize you with UM Health-West’s mission, vision and policies.)
* To request an application be mailed to you, please call 616.252.7009.