With a skilled team of leading neurosurgeons, UM Health-West offers comprehensive options for patients who require brain, spine, and nervous system care.
Treatments & Capabilities
The wide range of treatments include:
- Functional Neurosurgery: For treatment of epilepsy, pain, brain tumors, Parkinson’s disease and essential tremor.
- Vascular Neurosurgery: Minimally invasive treatment for conditions in the blood vessels of the brain and spinal cord, including brain aneurysms, arteriovenous malformations (AVM), cavernous malformations, hemorrhagic stroke and other causes of stroke.
- Brain Surgery: Removal of tumors, including acoustic neuroma, pituitary gland tumors, meningiomas and gliomas.
- Spine Surgery: To address common and complex diseases, including spinal tumors, spinal fractures, lumbar disk disease, cervical disk disease, herniated disk, spinal stenosis and scoliosis.
Renaissance Guided Spine Surgery
UM Health-West Hospital is proud to be the first hospital in Michigan to offer Renaissance Guided Spine Surgery.
Renaissance is a specially-designed surgical guidance system that enables surgeons to provide safer and more accurate minimally-invasive and open spine surgeries. Its state-of-the-art technology allows our surgeons to pinpoint the exact location on the spine – with accuracy levels far superior to traditional free-hand surgeries.
With Renaissance, you’ll experience less pain and scarring, fewer complications, and a faster recovery. Patients are typically discharged after a few days and back to their normal routine within a few weeks.
Renaissance is used to treat patients suffering from:
- Chronic, debilitating leg pain
- Spinal deformities
- Slipped vertebrae
- Pinched nerves
- Unparalleled accuracy
- Safer surgery, with fewer complications
- Reduced pain and scarring
- Faster recovery