At University of Michigan Health-West our goal is to provide the best health care experience possible. If we fall short of your expectations, we want to know about it.
You have the right to express any concerns you may have. Patient Relations is the destination for patients and families when the health care provided fails to meet expectations.
We want and need your feedback, comments, and questions so that we can improve for you and for future patients. After you speak with us, we will work to address your concerns or questions.
Please be prepared to answer questions on the following when you contact Patient Relations:
- Patients MRN or Date of Birth
- Date the concern occurred
- Name of the Department Involved
- Name of the people involved
- Concise explanation of the concern
Submit a Question Online
Select the type of request you have from the list provided and complete the form. Please include your contact information so we can respond to your request quickly.
What Our Review Process Includes:
- A discussion with you or your family representative so that we understand your concerns.
- Contacting staff and/or leadership involved with your care.
- Identification and sharing of opportunities for improvement and lessons learned.
- Follow up with you.
What to Expect for Resolution:
- Every effort will be made to resolve your concern or explain the care received.
- During your review process we will reach out to you over the phone or you may receive a letter in the mail.
- Please allow at least 30 business days for us to perform a thorough review. We will contact you as soon as our review is completed.
Patient Satisfaction Surveys
To improve the quality of service and care we provide to our patients, UM Health-West has hired Press Ganey to survey patients.
To view your patient rights in different languages click a button below.
Other ways to reach us
Information Desk/Hospital Lobby
Security/Lost and Found
External Regulatory & Oversight Organization
As a health care consumer, you have the right to contact the following agencies if you are not satisfied with the care you received from UM Health-West- University of Michigan Health.
Department of Licensing & Regulatory Affairs (LARA)
Bureau of Community and Health Systems – Health Facility Complaints
611 W. Ottawa Street – Central Office
P.O. Box 30664
Lansing, MI 48909