Augusto Elias, MD
- Universidid Central del Caribe
- University of Michigan Medical Center (Ann Arbor), Radiology, Diagnostic
- University of Michigan Medical Center (Ann Arbor), Neuroradiology
- University of Michigan Medical Center (Ann Arbor), Radiology, Neurointerventional
- AM Board of Radiology - Neuroradiology
- AM Board of Radiology - Diagnostic Radiology
Areas of practice
- Cerebrovascular disease (including stroke), vascular disease of head and neck, tumor embolization, vascular disease of spine, facial pain, spine pain due to compression fractures, intracranial hypotension
Augusto Elias, MD was born in San Juan, Puerto Rico and received his undergraduate degree from the University of Michigan. He obtained his medical degree with honors from the UCC School of Medicine in Puerto Rico. Dr. Elias completed his Diagnostic Radiology residency and fellowships in Neuroradiology and Neurointerventional Radiology at the University of Michigan Health Systems.
Upon completion of his fellowship, Dr. Elias was recruited as the Medical Director of Neurointerventinal Services at Memorial Hospital in Springfield, Illinois. During his time at Memorial Medical Center, he successfully achieved Comprehensive Stroke Center certification from the Joint Commission and was subsequently appointed Co-Director of the Comprehensive Stroke Center.
Presently, Dr. Elias serves as the Medical Director of Neurointerventional Surgery and Comprehensive Stroke Center at Metro Health University of Michigan Health and holds an Adjunct Clinical Assistant Professorship in Radiology at the University of Michigan School of Medicine. Dr. Elias’ special interests include ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke, cerebrovascular diseases and has authored peer-reviewed publications and book chapters on these topics.
Dr. Elias is a Diplomat of the American Board of Radiology with a Certificate of Added Qualification in Neuroradiology and is a senior member of the Society of Neurointerventional Surgery.